Vacancy for CRANE MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS/CRANE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS
- This position reports directly to the CRANE FOREMAN/SUPERVISOR
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical circuits, Mechanical system, structure, control systems and component elements. This includes the modification of components and servicing techniques in conjunction with the Crane Supervisor and/or Crane Foreman to improve efficiency;
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on Crane and other plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- To troubleshoot and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns.
- Carry out corrective and preventive maintenance jobs on cranes
- Perform routine inspection, assess crane condition and advise on potential failure and probable solution in other to prevent catastrophic breakdown and reduce equipment downtime.
- Advise Crane Supervisor and/or Crane Foreman on concerns relating to unreliable equipment
- Provide technical expertise and a positive attitude to the functions performed;
- A Self driven, result oriented and motivated individual,
- Ability to learn fast.
- Ability to read, and interpret engineering circuit’s diagram (electrical schematics, hydraulic diagrams and equipment operational manuals)
- Analytical and systematic in dealing with repairs
- Ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service under little or no supervision
- Good knowledge of safe work environment practices.
- Ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
- Minimum qualification of HND/B.Eng. (Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical, Industrial Maintenance)
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in heavy duty (H-D) maintenance in port/terminal operations or any equipment heavy industry
- COREN affiliation is an added advantage
Application which must include CV to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes on September 13, 2017.