Health Safety and Environment Officer
Job Title: Health Safety and Environment Officer
Department: Health Safety and Environment
Unit: Health Safety and Environment
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Health Safety and Environment Assistant Manager
- Enforce all safe systems of work procedures that have been issued by the departmental manager.
- Instruct employees on relevant health and safety rules make records of the instruction and enforce all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Enforce PPE requirements make on thespot check to appraise condition of equipment.
- To promote a positive health and safety culture, this includes helping managers to ensure that an effective health and safety policy is implemented.
- Ensure all safety signs and precautions are well in place e.g. fire extinguishers, muster point signs; In addition, ensure that the aforementioned equipment are properly maintained and functional.
- Supervision of the clinic and the clinic staff on daily basis.
- Ensure that all work procedures are carried out safely to prevent hazards associated with the working procedures and conditions.
- Participate in accident investigation and assist the manager in writing a concise and effective report.
- Participate in giving safety inductions to new staff, visitors, contractors and people with physical disability that enter into the terminal.
- Ensure that the environment of the terminall is clean and healthy for smooth operations within the terminal.
- Carry out Safety checks on all vessels that berth in our facility
- Submitting to the Asst. HSE Manager regular reports and other information as instructed regarding Health, Safety and Environment.
- A first degree in social sciences/environmental /health studies
- OSHA, NEBOSH certifications are added advantages
- NISP membership or certification
- Minimum of three years proven experience
- Not more than 35 years old
Interested applicants to send CV to email@example.com.